Rice Lake Cottaging
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for cottagers on Rice Lake, Ontario

You are not connected. Please login or register

Webcam and Ice report

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Webcam and Ice report Empty Webcam and Ice report Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:00 pm

lar

What would be cool is webcam (view of the lake) or if someone has one maybe link into it. If you talk to some local establishment maybe they would host one for some free advertising. You could add it as a link on your website with the establishments name under the link. Also a rice lake ice report would be cool, thickness of ice, warning of thin ice, pressure cracks...

Cheers

2Webcam and Ice report Empty Re: Webcam and Ice report Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:55 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

lar wrote:What would be cool is webcam (view of the lake) or if someone has one maybe link into it. If you talk to some local establishment maybe they would host one for some free advertising. You could add it as a link on your website with the establishments name under the link. Also a rice lake ice report would be cool, thickness of ice, warning of thin ice, pressure cracks...

Cheers
Thats a great idea! Unfortunately, we dont have a dedicated internet connection at our place that would be able to provide a live feed for a lake cam. But by all means, if you hear of anyone willing to do so, I'd be happy to work something out.
Similarly, anyone is welcome to either post ice reports on this site or email them to me and I'll post them...perhaps one of the locals or resort owners, who monitors the ice on a regular basis. Unfortunately I just dont have a means to gather that info currently. Gathering ice data is almost a full time job, as its likely to vary quite a bit at different parts of the lake.

But definitely some good ideas that as the forum membership grows, the information should become more available from different sources around the area.

https://ricelakecottaging.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum