Rice Lake Cottaging
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for cottagers on Rice Lake, Ontario

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ice Update

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ice Update Empty Ice Update Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:07 pm

shimmy_crazy

shimmy_crazy

We measured the ice today at 11 inches and I saw a pick up drive from Marvin's to Cow Island and back this afternoon. There is still some open water around Kenny's so I'm guessing there are springs around so be careful if you're in that area.
Also there's about 4 or 5 inches of lovely fluffy snow on the ice and we're expecting a couple more inches tonight! Perfect for snowmobiling... but please stay off of our ice rink!! Surprised

2Ice Update Empty Re: Ice Update Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:04 pm

Long Island Lars

Long Island Lars

Thanks for the update...think I'm going to try and take my truck across pretty soon, since my ATV is still out of commission.

I do know Dave Drury has taken his 5000lb backhoe around most of the island at the start of the month, so all should be good. As good as ice ever can be.

3Ice Update Empty Re: Ice Update Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:05 pm

shimmy_crazy

shimmy_crazy

There were lots of cottagers around yesterday and today and many people were driving their pickup and cars (some with loaded trailers)across. We got about 8 inches of fluffy snow today so the driving conditions are a bit slippery, but other than that, it seems plenty safe.
p.s. We've met your construction crew (Todd) and we even stopped by your place the other day to see how things are coming along. It looks great!

4Ice Update Empty Re: Ice Update Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:28 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

I went across today, I wouldnt recommend many more crossings. There were some pretty scary cracks in the ice and its covered in slush and water.

Dont worry, lake will be open in a few weeks for boats!

https://ricelakecottaging.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum